Are you in UNITED STATES ? Visitwww.CroisiEuropeRiverCruises.comPrices displayed in US Dollars and website in English. - Book your cruise online. - Enjoy all our latest deals and special offers.Let's go
CroisiEurope, registered under the number 998 348 601 00043 at the Registry of Trade and Companies in Strasbourg, France, takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. This is why we rigorously comply with the current rules and regulations regarding privacy and the processing of personal data, in particular, the Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 and the latest version of the French data laws.
The purpose of this Charter is to inform you of the terms under which CroisiEurope collects personal data, the reasons the personal data is collected, what it is used for, and what your rights are. It applies to all of the information you provide or that is collected by CroisiEurope.
In order to ensure that these rules are applied correctly, CroisiEurope has chosen a Data Protection Officer, who is the designated intermediary with the CNIL (Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés). CroisiEurope has also set up suitable internal procedures in order to raise the awareness of our employees and to ensure they comply with these rules within our company.
CroisiEurope commits to complying with the regulations applicable to all data processing we carry out. In particular, CroisiEurope commits to complying with the following principles:
- Your data will be processed in a lawful, fair, and transparent manner (lawfulness, fairness, and transparency)
- Your personal data will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (purpose limitation)
- Your personal data will be stored in an adequate and relevant manner and limited to the purposes for which they are processed (data minimization)
- Your personal data will be accurate and kept up to date. Every reasonable step will be taken to ensure that inaccurate personal data, in view of the purposes for which it was processed, is erased or rectified without delay (accuracy)
CroisiEurope will carry out all appropriate technical and organizational measures to guarantee a level of security adapted to the inherent risks of these processing operations, to comply with the regulatory requirements, and to protect the rights and data of the data subjects as soon as the processing operations begin.
• You visit our website and our mobile applications
• You create an account on our website
• You request information or a quote or any other details about our travel products
• You reserve a trip with CroisiEurope
• You subscribe to one of our email services (product information and special offers)
• You contact our customer service center
• You participate in our contests or any other event proposed on CroisiEurope’s official social network accounts
• You apply for a job
2- The information we collect
CroisiEurope could collect personal data that pertains to you. In particular, this personal data can include:
Personal data can be collected through the following types of processing:
• Request for information: Visit to the website, filling in and sending the contact form, request for information from one of our agents via email, mailed correspondence, telephone, or in-person.
• Subscribing to one of our informational or promotional email services
• Reserving a trip
• Participating in a contest or any other event proposed on CroisiEurope’s official social network accounts
• Contact with our customer service center
Example of personal data collected:
• Your first and last names
• Your mailing address
• Your birth date
• Your gender
• Your email address
• Your telephone number(s)
• Your reservation history
• For certain destinations: Your official ID or passport (number, place of issue, period of validity).
• Information concerning health: Food allergies or requests for specific equipment, especially for persons with reduced mobility.
The information you communicate to us about the people who travel with you is also implicated in this collection. By filling in the registration form, you (the User) declare that you have provided exact, truthful, updated, and complete information to CroisiEurope about your identity, your contact details, and those of the people traveling with you. Specifically, you commit to providing a valid email address that belongs to you or that you have permission to use.
Certain personal data is mandatory to make a purchase or for us to provide a service you have requested.
If you refuse to provide this personal data, we will not be able to finalize your purchase or provide the service you have requested.
Nevertheless, the transmission of your personal data for surveys or marketing purposes remains optional. You can refuse. Your refusal will not have any impact on your purchases or the level of service you have requested. The data that is essential and required for our service can be identified by the asterisk on our information request forms.
The data we collect automatically:
When you browse our website, we might collect, always in compliance with the current laws and regulations, the following personal information:
• The characteristics of your operating system, browser, and your device (computer, telephone, tablet, etc.) that you use to access our website.
• The electronic identification data available on or from your computer or smartphone (such as cookies, IP address). Your electronic identification data that allows identification or geolocation (only as precise as the city) of your device or the pages consulted on the website during your visit. The data is generally insufficient in itself to identify you by name.
• Your browsing history (pages visited, frequency and length of your visits, etc.).
Certain personal data information is collected on our site using cookies. For more information about cookies, have a look at our page that talks about cookies and managing cookies https://www.croisieurope.co.uk/information/cookies
3- Purpose of processing your personal data
We collect and process your personal data for:
• Managing our website
• Executing and managing your purchases
• Optimizing our services and tools
• Ensuring operation of customer service and responding to your requests
• Sending you sponsored content and news about us
• Managing your participation in contests
We do not sell or share your personal data with any advertisers outside of CroisiEurope.
How does your personal data interact with social networks?
The Website uses social network plug-ins, specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
You have the opportunity to click on links to access other companies’ websites via several pages on the CroisiEurope website. We recommend you read the personal data protection and processing policies on these websites because the terms for these websites can differ, and CroisiEurope cannot be held liable in any way for the processing of personal data on these other websites.
If you do not want your personal data to be transmitted from the Website to the social networks, we recommend the following:
- Do not interact with social networks by clicking on the plug-ins available on the Website.
- Deactivate the social network account in question before browsing on our Website.
- Use the incognito mode in your browser
4- Personal data storage period
We will store your personal data only for the time period needed to carry out the operations they were collected for. There are several time periods for storing data:
• Data that was sent to us directly as detailed above will be stored for the time period needed for the purpose of their processing. This time period can go as much as three years beyond the binding contractual relationship (time limit for bringing rights before the courts in most of the European Union countries).
• Browsing data is stored for a maximum time of 13 months.
• Data for marketing is stored for a maximum time period of three years, beginning at the time of your last contact with CroisiEurope.
5- Sharing our data with third parties
In addition, CroisiEurope may be required to provide personal data to French or foreign public authorities.
6- Your rights
1. Your right of access, to rectification, to erasure, and to object
You have the right to ask us to access, rectify, update, or erase your personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
2. The right to data portability
This right allows you to receive the personal data concerning you in order to give it to a third party.
You have the right to define the general or individual instructions related to the storage, erasure, and transmission of your data.
6- MODIFICATIONS TO THE CHARTER
CroisiEurope may need to modify the Charter and will make sure that you are informed of this either through a special announcement on the Website or through a personalized warning when receiving our newsletters.
7- PERSONAL DATA POLICY FOR MINORS
The Website is not aimed at minors. Access to the Website by minors is not prohibited because the contents are not restricted to those over 18 years old.
If any information about a minor has been collected through the Website, their legal representative can contact email@example.com to rectify, modify, or erase this information.
To exercise any of these rights, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to the following address: 12 Rue de la Division Leclerc, 67000 Strasbourg, France. Please remember to attach proof of your ID to your request.