European countries have long been in the forefront of eco-friendly practices, and CroisiEurope is proud to have been a pioneer in this field since well before these practices became standard. Our commitment to the environment goes far beyond legal requirements.
- We have installed water savers on all the ships, resulting in a 35% saving in drinking water and a 35% reduction in waste water.
- All ships are fitted with waste-water disposal systems which are emptied, at stopover points, into designated urban sewerage network and/or water treatment stations. We do not dump waste into our oceans or rivers.
- The undersides of all our boats are painted with non-polluting components.
- Our green river cruise ships are equipped with engines that meet the latest and most stringent European pollution control standards, and thus reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Onboard technology allows cruising that minimizes diesel consumption.
- We have installed systems compatible with on-land electric mains.
- Many of our ships are fitted with electricity-saving equipment.
- We winter our ships in a river port with stationary generators and high-voltage dockside socket boxes which reduce noise and pollution.
WASTE and CLEANING
- Paper, plastic and glass waste is sorted and compacted onboard and then recycled.
- Waste oils are saved and processed by specialists in port.
- We use biodegradable and green cleaning products.
- Our machinery room ventilation is insulated to minimize noise pollution when docked.
- CroisiEurope is proud to be associated with Imprim’vert, an organization that obliges printers to follow ecological values and processes which protect the environment.
- All CroisiEurope communication documents are printed on unbleached paper and we use only plant-based inks.
CroisiEurope has also initiated a partnership with UNESCO in order to further the sustainable and ecologically sound development of river ports in Africa.
Forthcoming green projects for our company include:
- Better control of water consumption onboard
- Reduction of waste by opting for re-useable packaging